There’s a new kid on the block and it’s really making waves!
The Soft Carpet trend is sure to have reached your local flooring store and with good reason. This new carpet is creamy to the touch and comes in a wide assortment of styles, materials, and colors. But it’s also manufactured with the same durability as more commercial products, making it truly the best of both worlds. The two largest carpet manufacturers, Shaw and Mohawk, are leading the way with entire lines dedicated to Soft Carpet.
The catch? We’re finding that standard vacuum powerheads are either not doing a good enough job lifting dirt or, worse, damaging these specialized fibers. It only took a few phone calls from distressed customers to figure out the issue.
What makes these carpets so soft is a new technique separating each carpet fiber into multiple fibers. The result is an ultra plush carpet. However, the rollers found in standard vacuum heads struggle to rotate over the extra thick piling.
The Obstacles With Soft Carpet
- A homeowner is unable to push the vacuum across Soft Carpet without great effort. Individuals with disabilities or the elderly may not be able to move the vacuum at all.
- Because the vacuum now requires so much force to use, the powerhead is more likely to get stuck on one section of carpet, burning and fraying the fibers. Ruining your brand new carpet is an experience no one wants.
- A homeowner will raise the height adjustment on their vacuum head in order to gain mobility. However, raising the beater-bar on the underneath of your vacuum results in less cleaning power as the brush is not able to access the heaviest dirt and dust located at the base of each fiber.
The Solution is the Creation of a Brand New Powerhead
Before you second guess your Soft Carpet choice, there is a solution on the horizon. Wessel-Werk understood the demands this new carpeting would place on vacuum powerheads and began researching and evaluating their own models at their certified test labs.
- No Sealed Suction – To eliminate the chance of a powerhead locking onto the dense carpet and damaging the fibers, the Soft Clean EBK360 is designed with suction release holes along the bottom of the powerhead
- Brushroll Height Adjustment – By including 5 height adjustment levels, the Soft Clean EBK360 can be raised to glide easily across the extra thick carpeting
- Lightweight Body – A newly designed build makes for lighter construction. This allows the unit to be easier to push
The Wessel-Werk Soft-Clean EBK360 can be used with most standard central vacuum systems as well as some canister vacuum units.
For more information and to find out if your vacuum is compatible with the EBK360 Soft Clean, call our knowledgeable sales team at 1-800-221-8227.
For more photos and information, visit HERE!