SERIES: If Only People Knew…
Recently, Central Vacuum Stores’ owner, Renee Ambrose, was on the phone with her daughter-in-law, Lindsay, talking about the central vacuum system Renee’s son was installing in their new home. Newly married and a first-time homeowner, Lindsay was very excited about the prospect of a new system. She mentioned that she had shared her excitement with friends and family and was surprised by the number of people who didn’t know what a central vacuum system was. She said, “If only people knew how great they were, everyone would want one!” That phrase really got Renee thinking.
“If only people knew…”
With that as our motivation, we’re launching a new campaign to educate folks about all we wished they knew about a central vacuum system. We’ll be addressing some of our most frequently asked questions and simplifying some basic facts. This article will focus on the one topic that sets us apart from other central vacuum specialists: installing a central vac truly is something you can do yourself.
Take a look at Alec explaining his personal DIY installation experience:
Can I Install A Central Vacuum System Myself?
First, allow us to introduce ourselves. A few decades ago, we noticed homeowners wanting to tackle projects themselves, skipping hiring professionals to save some money. We found our niche. Since then, it’s been our mission to provide the best resources, packages, and support for the DIY nation. Installing a central vacuum yourself is more than just feasible…it’s practically our business model.
So, now that you’re confident you’re in the right hands, here’s some information that can help you get started. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Get some knowledge!
- Do you know what kind of power unit you want? How many inlets you think you’ll need? Want to brush up on the general terms? We’ve got all that covered HERE.
- Choose the right components!
- Hoses, carpet tools, accessories – you can totally customize your system to fit your needs. Should you pick a bagged, filtered, or cyclonic unit? Do you have lots of carpeting or mostly hard surface flooring? Everything you need to consider is easily laid out HERE.
- Start your installation on the right foot!
- How should you vent your system? Want to download a step-by-step install guide? Need help designing the layout? We can answer all these key questions to get you started HERE.