Last week’s blog regarding stinky vacuums must have really hit a nerve. We sure saw a lot of traffic to the post and, as a result, thought a follow-up article was due. One of the points that seemed to resonate was the issue of pets. What can be done, if anything, to combat the truly offensive vacuum odors that are unavoidable in homes with pets?
Is there a solution to this common vacuum vexation?
We turned our attention to the Miele Complete C3 Cat & Dog.
Vacuums and pets have a long history of contention. I’ve never known a pet that doesn’t run from fear every time the vacuum is even pulled out of the closet. But it’s not only one-sided. Many vacuum cleaners struggle to properly meet the needs of pet homes. Miele understood this and designed a vacuum from the ground-up specifically for pets.
The Miele Cat & Dog Complete C3 has several key features that make it so apt to cleaning a pet friendly home.
1. Odor Control
Right off the bat, Miele addresses the issue at hand: stinky vacuums.
Pet odors are so strong in cleaners because the fur and dander you vacuum seep into the interior of unit over time. You can change the bag and filter often, but the tiny particles that escape to the inside of the vacuum cleaner will eventually start to smell. The result: every time you turn on your cleaner, the exhausted air that is blown back into the room smells like wet dog.
To combat this, Miele invented their ActiveAir Charcoal Filter. The filter is designed using Activated Charcoal which absorbs and eliminates odors within its molecular make-up. Charcoal has long been known to be an odor neutralizer, but Miele was smart enough to infuse it into their vacuum design. The ActiveAir Charcoal Filter is included with the Cat & Dog Complete C3.
An additional odor-control aspect on the Cat & Dog is Miele’s patented Sealed System. Exclusive to Miele, the 12-Stage Sealed Construction ensures the finest particles captured within the vacuum canister stay there. Each individual compartment and the system as a whole are sealed with one continuous, durable rubber gasket, so particulate matter is trapped.
2. Pet Focused Tools & Accessories
What’s the use of odor control technology if your vacuum isn’t properly cleaning your home? The Miele Cat & Dog Complete C3 is packaged with the exact tools and accessories a pet-friendly home requires.
- Electro Plus Electrobrush SEB228 – For the deep cleaning of carpets and rugs. The electric powerhead offers more suction than a turbo-styled carpet tool found on lesser models. Fur, dander, and allergens that sink to the bottom of your carpet fibers are suctioned away for a professional-grade clean.
- Parquet Twister Floor Tool SBB300-3 – For the easy cleaning of hard surface flooring. The gentle bristles won’t scratch hard woods or marble but add the exact amount of texture needed to release stuck-on bits or dirt. The swivel neck on the tool allows you to navigate around furniture legs, corners, and tight spaces. Dirt can’t hide!
- Handheld Turbo Brush STB101 – For removing fur from sofas and other upholstered furniture. The STB101 is only included with the Cat & Dog model. The powerful tool is small but offers more suction power than the standard upholstery attachment so you’ll be able to remove every hair from furniture, pet pillows, bedding, and more!
- Natural Bristle Dusting Brush
- Upholstery Nozzle
- Crevice tool
3. Sensitive To The Skittish
Many dogs and cats fear vacuums, in large part, because they’re loud. So Miele’s Cat & Dog is designed to be exceptionally quiet. Original Miele’s already featured quiet motors, but the Cat & Dog has a new casing that has earned the name “silence motor.” It’s one of the quietest vacuums you’ll ever use and Fido will thank you!
Another feature that allows the Cat & Dog to be exceptionally quiet are the smooth running castor wheels that are mounted on steel axles. The greater flexibility and orientation combined with stability and quality construction means you can navigate your home easily and without the racket of cheaply designed wheels. And if you do happen to ding a few furniture legs around the house, the Cat & Dog’s bumper strip will keep the vacuum and the piece protected and limit the noise.
4. Suck The Hair Off… Whatever
You’ve heard it claimed that a vacuum is powerful enough to suck the hair off a cat, but what people actually need is a way to suck the hair off of everything else! From delicate draperies, to dense wall-to-wall carpeting, the Cat & Dog Complete C3 has a suction setting that’s appropriate.
Ranging between 300 watts and 1200 watts, the six power settings on the Cat & Dog can be changed by a tap of the foot. The simple + and – buttons allow you to alternate between power levels without having to stop in the midst of your task. Go from floor, to sofa, to curtain panels all without having to miss a beat.
Also operational with the tap of your foot are the automatic cord rewind and the On/Off power button. The Cat & Dog also features a convenient On/Off switch on the vacuum handle.
5. A Fantastic Vacuum To Boot
Obviously, the Cat & Dog is geared towards pet owners and includes all the above pet-centered features. But that doesn’t mean it can’t stand alone as an awesome vacuum.
Take, for example, the Cat & Dog’s “Park” system. The wand and floor attachment are designed to slide into the canister at the rear or sides of the machine. This allows for compact storage but is also a real convenience when taking a quick break. Need to let Fluffy outside? Just put the wand in Park and come back when you’re ready.
- Impressive 36 ft operating radius with an automatic one-touch cord rewind
- Ergonomic carrying handle
- Lightweight skeleton construction
- Telescoping wand for extra reach
- Safety shut-off on overheating
- On-board tool storage so your accessories are easily at hand
- Patented automatic self-sealing bag collar enables the dust flap opening to close automatically when the compartment lid is opened so you don’t breath in what’s inside
- On/Off button on the handle allows you to quickly power down for pauses
- Gentle start motor conserves energy and adds life to your motor by gradually increasing suction power to the desired level
- Anti-Static discharge handle utilizes a metal thread in the handle to prevent the discharge of static electricity
- Parking system on canister designed to place the vacuum wand in position for storage or breaks
To learn more about the Miele Cat & Dog Complete C3, visit the full product page HERE. You can also compare the Cat & Dog to other vacuums and Miele models using the “Add To Compare” option on the page. For personal help in ordering your Cat & Dog vacuum or determining if it’s the right Miele model for you, call 1-800-221-8227 and speak with an expert.